PACIA is the Plastics and Chemicals Industries Association, representing businesses across the Australian chemicals and plastics industry.
PACIA’s members comprise a broad range of companies positioned across the entire value chain, including chemicals manufacturers, importers and distributors, logistics and supply chain partners, raw material suppliers, plastics fabricators and compounders, chemicals and plastics recyclers and service providers to the industry. These businesses range from small family-owned companies and innovative medium-sized enterprises, to leading national and multinational enterprises.
Members have access to a range of leading industry-specific services, including sustainability programs, practical support in specific areas such as the energy efficiency and health and safety, regulatory information and industry advocacy.
Businesses using PACIA’s 8 Step Guide to Supply Chain Sustainability are welcome to enquire about PACIA membership and other opportunities available.
For more information, please visit the PACIA website.
PACIA’s sustainability programs, tools and resources
PACIA delivers a suite of tailored sustainability programs, industry-specific tools and resources, and networks for our members. These services are dedicated to helping our members and the industry drive business improvements and continue delivering solutions for a healthier, safer and better quality of life. At the company level, they help our members save time and business resources, reduce their environmental footprint, and create business value.
Our world leading Sustainability Leadership Framework is the key platform, providing a deliberate and flexible structure through three action strategies and eleven priority areas. Many diverse companies across the chemicals and plastics value chain are signatories to the Framework.
Members using the Framework report real business advantages such as:
- Reduced costs and risks
- Improved environmental footprint
- Stronger positive relationships with local community and key stakeholders
- Competitive edge
Alongside the Framework, PACIA delivers a range of valued sustainability services for members including:
- Tailored practical support and industry specific resources – including the 8 Step Guide to Supply Chain Sustainability
- Opportunities to be profiled as an industry leader
- Networks for sharing industry learnings, best practices and individual experiences
- Exclusive events with sustainability experts and thought leaders
- The global industry’s Responsible Care® program
- Showcasing of the industry’s achievements in published case studies and annual performance reports